When slot machines were first introduced in the late 19th century, they were bulky and have mechanical parts that made it very limited to incorporate any features. However, the potential of winning big with just a small bet has made it a very attractive game.
Thanks to the advancements in technology, slot machines have evolved into highly engaging and graphically spectacular games involving fun features to increase your opportunity to win. Because it’s such a popular game, casino software developers are constantly releasing new slot titles.
Casino Guru is here to update you on the latest and most popular slots Malaysian punters can play. Not only that, we tell you where to grab the best casino bonuses so you can stretch your bankroll to its fullest potential.
The hottest online slots in Malaysia
Not all slots are made equal. Some games give a higher reward rate with engaging features and powered by award-winning software developers like NetEnt or Microgaming. Other slots can be boring, hardly ever pay out, and some are even rigged to scam you out of your hard-earned money.
Casino Guru brings you only tried-and-tested slot games that have been proven to give fair payouts, run smoothly, and have captured the hearts of many Malaysian players. Check out some of the most sought-after online slots in Malaysia now:
[table of popular slot games]
How to play slots online
Online slots are perhaps the easiest casino game to play. All you have to do is launch the game at your chosen casino, set your bet amount, and press the “spin” button. When the reels have stopped, the game will tell you if you win and by how much. It’s that easy!
However, to truly understand how to win, there are a few things that you’ll need to know:
- Symbols: Symbols are the images you see on the reels and the aim of the game is to match them, usually from left to right, to achieve a winning combination. Some symbols have special abilities that could help boost your wins. Wild symbols can substitute other symbols to complete a winning arrangement. Scatter symbols don’t have to land on a payline for them to count and bonus symbols hold the key to unlocking lucrative features. Some symbols even have combined abilities like a symbol can be both a scatter and bonus symbol. This means that as long as enough symbols appear anywhere on your screen, you’ll trigger the bonus feature.
- Bonus features: To make it more exciting, many slots have bonus features like an off-the-reels mini-game to enhance your wins. To trigger the feature, it usually involves the player spinning a certain number of bonus symbols on an active payline. The bonus round could be a set number of free spins, a pick and win game, a prize wheel for you to spin, or any other mini-games. It’s always a good thing when you trigger a bonus feature.
- How to strike the jackpot: The jackpot is the largest cash prize in a slot and often it’s the most sought-after feature of the game. In some slots, you can only win the jackpot when you fulfil a condition while others award the jackpot randomly on any spin. If you’re playing to win the jackpot, make sure that you read and understand the game rules fully so that every spin gives you the potential to bring home the cash prize.
The different types of slots
There are a wide variety of slots and they cater to players with different gaming preference. Are you a risk-taker and dream of becoming an instant millionaire or would you rather have slow and steady wins? Let our experts tell you the best type of slots for you according to your taste:
- Classic slots: The mother of slots, classic slots are sometimes called “fruit machines” because they feature fruit symbols. These slots usually only have three reels, a straight-forward gameplay, and don’t provide a lot of features. Winnings are generally not very frequent but if you do win, they can be quite substantial.
- Video slots: Often having at least five reels, video slots are highly engaging with sophisticated graphics, features, and gameplay. These games adopt all sorts of popular themes deriving from pop culture, iconic characters, and blockbuster movies. If you’re looking to win with some entertainment, then video slots will be right up your alley.
- Progressive slots: A progressive slot features a dynamic jackpot which doesn’t have a fixed upper limit. The cash prize starts at a base value and every time someone makes a bet on the game but doesn’t win, part of that bet gets fed into the jackpot. Large progressive jackpots often reach multiple millions of ringgit and when someone cashes it out, it will reset back to the base value before growing again. Needless to say, the chances of winning a huge progressive jackpot is small. But someone has to win it eventually, so why can’t it be you, right?
- 243-payline slots: If you prefer to win slowly but steadily, then you’ll want to take a few spins on 243-payline slots. Although the name sounds complicated, playing these type of slots is actually very simple. In a standard five-reel and three-row slot, there are only 243 paylines possible and in a 243-payline slot, all possible paylines are active at all times. Therefore, as long as you match symbols from left to right in any arrangement, you’ll win. These slots typically give out small, frequent wins so it would appeal to players who don’t want to take big risks.
Take advantage of slots bonuses
While it’s wise to gain more mileage on your bankrolls by signing up for slots bonuses, not all of them are worth your time. Some bonuses come with terms and conditions that are very difficult to meet, rendering them useless and a waste of your time.
Casino Guru curates the slots bonuses offered by reputable Malaysian online casinos and bring you only the most relevant and best quality ones. You’ll receive free spins where you can play a slot for free but still get to keep your winnings (subjected to certain conditions) by making a small deposit. We also bring you no-deposit free spins where the casino rewards you with free spins without you spending a single cent. Sign up for the bonuses below before the promotion expires:
[Best slots bonuses conversion table]
Know your online slots glossary
To be a true slots player, you’ll need to understand some of the most commonly used terms in the industry:
Active payline: If a winning combination is on an active payline, you’ll receive the corresponding payout or trigger the bonus feature.
Bankroll: The total amount of money you have to wager with.
Bet max: The highest possible amount of money you can bet in a game.
Hot slots: Sometimes also called “loose slots”, these are slots that give more payouts than others.
Line bets: There are usually multiple paylines in a slot game where you can choose to activate. A line bet is when you place your bet on a payline and thus, activating it.
Multiplier: A multiplier increases the total amount of your winning by multiplying it by a certain number.
Payline: A line across the reels where the right combination of symbols must fall on for you to receive a payout.
Paytable: A table displaying all the winning combinations and their respective payout amounts.
Payout: The amount of money you get when you manage to spin the right combination of symbols on an active payline.
Random Number Generator (RNG): A software that determines the outcome of every spin randomly
Return to player (RTP): The percentage which the game will pay back to players out of the entire sum of money that has been wagered on the game. The higher the RTP, the better it is for players.
Tight slot: A slot with a low RTP
Volatility: Sometimes also called “variance”, the volatility of a slot is the risk associated with the game. High volatility means payouts don’t occur often but come in big amounts while you can expect frequent but small wins with low volatility games.
Winning combination: The particular arrangement of symbols you need to achieve to receive a payout.
Can you play slots while on the go in Malaysia?
Our featured Malaysian online casinos provide you with an excellent mobile slot library which you can access and play by using your mobile devices. Many of your favourite casino games are instant-play ready and you don’t even have to download anything to start playing. Here are some tips for when you’re playing slots on the go in Malaysia:
- Make sure you have a mobile internet subscription: Without a subscription, mobile phone providers in Malaysia charge by how much data you use at a very unfavourable rate. So keep an eye on your mobile internet subscription and make sure you top up if it expires or runs out of data.
- Choose the right mobile internet provider: Depending on where you are, different mobile phone providers give different coverage. For example, Maxis has great coverage in urban areas while Celcom works better in rural areas. Although U Mobile might have very low prices, their network is not as established as other bigger and older brands.
- Your connection might not be smooth on certain roads: Bear in mind that when you’re travelling in a car or train, you might not get a constant internet connection which could interfere with your gaming. The connection might be unstable when you’re crossing between states and travelling on a highway like the NSE for example.
How do we rate our recommended slots
At Casino Guru, we have a team of experts who are enthusiastic slots players themselves. We vet the online slots we come across and guarantee that only the honest and secure ones get featured. Not only that, we assess how lucrative the rewards are and the entertainment value that the game provides as a whole.
Then we tell you where to play these slot games so you can reap the most benefit from the best slot bonuses available to Malaysian players. Therefore, if you want to play with peace of mind in the knowledge that you’re getting only the best slot experience possible, then take a few spins on any of our selected slot games.
Win big with just a small bet
Slots can be just as engaging as video games but give you the potential to win some serious cash. With thousands of slot games available online, choosing the best one might seem difficult. However, just visit Casino Guru regularly to get the most updated slots news and juiciest bonuses you can take advantage of. Let us do the legwork so you can enjoy the best online slot games for Malaysian players.